I've been working on a Clapotis for a couple weeks now. I work on it when my hands need a break from small needles and sock knitting and when I'm around my mom, since the socks I'm making now are for her birthday.

The yarn is Knit Picks Chroma fingering in Smoothie and it's on size 5 needles. I'm making a scarf version of it so I only completed the increase section 3 times. I love the effect of the stripes of color going diagonally. I really wanted to make a scarf with my chroma, but didn't want to have straight vertical rows.
Here are some pictures from my weekend just for fun. The first is the dishcloth I made at the beach to practice continental knitting. At this point I go about the same speed knitting English and continental, but I like the smoother movements of continental better. I'm just having the hardest time keeping the yarn tension even in continental, it's always too loose or too tight. I'm sure I just need to practice more, but I don't want to take the time to practice by making non-important projects and if I practice on something I care about I will mess it up with my tension issues.





7 comments:
Oh, this is so lovely. Your photographs are something special.
I love the colours of your Clapotis, they're really pretty :) Great beach photos too!
I like that you capitalized the "c" words in your post!
All of it is very lovely - and I really enjoyed all the options you listed for your possible "C" posting... lol.
Lovely beach photos, it looks like a nice day!
Wow, those are beautiful pictures! Love the colour in the clapotis as well.
What lovely pictures!The clapotis is beautiful too!
Post a Comment