Friday, April 29, 2011

FO Friday - Little Dorrit and Baby Bunnies

After only about 48 hours break I picked up my Little Dorrit tank again on Monday. I decided to frog back to the end of the first set of short rows. I had originally put in 3 sets and knit a couple rounds before realizing I needed more, so I added 6 more sets and began them further in so they aren't stacked. You can see them in this picture.

shortrows

Since I was re-knitting a couple inches anyway, I figured I might as well take an extra hour to make it right. I got almost all the way back to the top on Monday, and finished off the last few rows on Tuesday. It fits!!!! Then Wednesday I picked up the stitches for the straps and worked on those for a little bit.

DSCN6298

I finished the last strap and grafted them to the back on Thursday. After weaving in all those ends, it's complete!! Wooohoooo! I'm very glad it worked out so well the second time. I'm planning to take a few more FO pics during the day with better lighting/background, but other than that it's done!!

DSCN6307

Also, last week I whipped up a few more little bunnies like the one in this post before Easter. Here's more of the mini bunny family.

DSCN6250

DSCN6264

BTW: I got the coaster they're sitting on here.

Knitting plans for the weekend: dye my market bags, work on my Lilac Petal socks, and cast on my May socks (birthday present for my mom)
Other plans: laundry which is the best housework ever because you can knit while waiting for the next load to be done. "Even though it looks like I'm knitting, I'm really doing the laundry. Can't you hear the washer?"

0 comments: