Thursday, April 7, 2011

Countdown to VDT Release - 1 day

I was going to post something else today, but I ran out of time to finish so I'll post that tomorrow.

Today though, I unexpectedly got an email from Amazon saying my pre-ordered copy of Voyage of the Dawn Treader shipped today!!! The estimated arrival date is Monday! So exciting.

Thing is, I didn't exactly order it for myself. It was more like, "hey mom, you know there are some April birthdays coming up in the family. Voyage of the Dawn Treader is coming out on April 8 so if you want I can hook you up with a pre-ordered copy for discountage" and she said yes. So hopefully one of my siblings will get it for their birthday this month or my mom will decide to just let us watch it and we'll see it soon. :)

I've already heard the soundtrack. It's alright, not my fav, but it's still good background music while working or knitting.

I've heard Caspian is much better and his accent improves so I'm looking forward to that. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Edmund does since I really liked him in Prince Caspian. I've heard that Eustace was great and that Lucy had some tacky lines. So much anticipation. I'm prepared for drastic deviations from the book's plot after PC and I'm prepared to enjoy it immensely. I will be sure to blog about my thoughts once I've seen it.

I've geared up for this by watching the previous movies over the past few days. I've now seen LWW 3 times and PC 5 times this year, and when I say year I mean since January 1st, not the last 12 month period. I've also watched all the special features for both movies. Call me crazy, but I get bored when I'm just sitting and knitting so I watch movies/features and listen to audio books.

0 comments: