Monday, June 27, 2011

H is for Hats

I love looking at people's hats. I love pictures with hats in them and hats used in decor. For some reason I don't really like the way hats look on me though, and they just kindof feel like they're in my way when I wear them, not to mention the messing up my hair factor.

So today I'll just put up some nice hat pictures I found over on pintrest.






These are the kinds of hats I want to wear.






Love the back of this. 



I have about 50 knitted hats in my ravelry favorites, and I would have more if I thought I would actually make and wear them someday. I'll just have to use those as gift ideas for people who will wear them. 

8 comments:

Peppermint Mocha Mama said... [Reply]

I too am a lover of hats. I buy them, make them and collect them. One of my favorites is a good old fashioned sun bonnet with ribbon streamers. I love the photo you chose for it too.

Nice to meet you, fellow chapeau cherish-er.

Julie said... [Reply]

Oh those lovely hats. You picked some wonderful photos. Made me feel happy just to look at them. (I love hats). Thankyou for posting these.

lyndagrace said... [Reply]

Yesterday, I went to a bridal shower which was held at the bride's parents home. The home was circa 1790's.
The bride's mother obviously also loved old hats. they were displayed everywhere, even the the bathroom.
It was kinda neat.

Unknown said... [Reply]

What a cool post! I too love hats but not on me!! Your pics really showed a variety - very lovely!

Anonymous said... [Reply]

I also have a thing for hats! But alas the ones I want either cost too much or I cannot make myself yet!

Charly Harries said... [Reply]

I love hats, but like you I don't like the way they look on me! My sisters look great in hats though, so I easily satisfy my hat knitting addiction :)

Christine said... [Reply]

I'm another that loves hats and would love to wear them all the time but I don't think they suit me either

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said... [Reply]

I hate hats, but I'm always told they suit me and I should wear them more. But i am of the opinion that there is a hat for everyone out there!