
This is the swatch for my Nerd Wars dissertation. Here is a link to the pattern on Rav.
A dissertation is supposed to be a challenging project that will take the entire tournament (3 months) to complete. I submitted mine for the technical category since I have never made something out of laceweight and the only shawl I've made with a lace pattern was this little shawlette using fingering. Any other lace pattern I've used was on a small object.
It's pretty slow going, and it's taken me a little while to get used to the tiny yarn.
Here is a picture of the actual shawl in progress.

That was before I picked it up last night and I completed about 15 rows. I was working on it for at least 3 hours. Overall I expect that it will take about 60-70 hours to complete however I could be completely off base and may regret saying that once I start getting towards the end when each row takes over an hour. In fact as I type this I'm feeling like I stupidly underestimated the time.
I've tried to set a schedule of how much I need to get done each month in order to finish. I have about 35 rows left this month. So, go team!
0 comments:
Post a Comment