My Yoda socks which I mentioned last week and only had the ribbing left at that point. Knit picks felici sport in ecology. They're for my brother, and I'm wearing them in the pic, thus the these socks are massively too big on me look.

These are the first pair of socks that I have done completely toe-up. I've done one pair that starts with a provisional CO and then you go up the sock and then the toe is finished top-down. I really don't like short row heels for some reason, and I really love doing heel flaps. This pattern used a heel flap which was the one thing that made me willing to try toe-up again. I really wanted to use up every inch of the yarn so I went for toe-up.
It worked out great, I had a couple feet of yarn left total, but I still really don't like the toe part of toe-up. I guess I'm just a top-down kindof gal when it comes to socks.
The other FO I have is my Lightsaber Shawl.

The colors are the colors of the light side Lightsabers, green, blue and purple.

I had one skein of this yarn (It's knit picks stroll handpainted in make believe) and I wanted to use every bit. As you can see the final rows were very long with several hundred stitches. I just kept going until I figured there was no way I had enough left for the 6 row end section. Then I was planning on seeing how far I got and when I ran out I'd figure out how many rows I needed to frog in order to have enough. Let me tell you, that BO was rough, I kept watching the yarn tail, I was probably sweating. I had 4 feet left over. Phew! One row more and I wouldn't have made it, one row less and I would have had extras.
So now I'm done with all 6 round 1 challenges for Nerd Wars. It was Awesome(TM) and I'm loving it. Now I just need to keep working on the old dissertation for the rest of the week.
3 comments:
Wow, another great job! I love knit picks!
@Nicole Justice-Kleemann
Thanks. I know, knit picks is awesome! My wish list is huge!
The colours on the Yoda socks are just perfect.
Post a Comment