I am the official Blog Leader of Team Rogue Squadron. As Blog Leader, I am in charge of updating the Nerd Wars blog for my team.
Here's how it works. Everyone signs up for teams which represent different Nerdoms. My first choice was Team Precious for LOTR, but I was placed on my second choice Rogue Squadron for Star Wars. Each tournament is 3 months long. Each month is a different round. Every round there are 6 challenges, one in each of these categories: Giving Geeks, Scientific, Nerd Culture, Intellectual, Technical, and Team Spirit. Team members may submit one project per category each round for points. Additional points can be earned for team spirit in any category. Ambitious nerds may submit dissertations which are larger projects that will require the entire 3 month tournament to complete.
Here is my first submission, Mace Windu's lightsaber. I put up the pattern here.

If you look to the right of this post, you'll see my project links and status bars for the current round.
I am so Excited about this!!! Even before the tournament officially started I was having a blast and neglecting to read all the threads in my other Rav groups because I was always on the Nerd Wars board. I used to post occasionally but I read alot of threads. Now I hardly read anything else and I'm posting like 500% more. Last week there was a day when I posted almost 100 posts in one day! It took me 2 months to get my first 100 posts. sheesh, I need to focus on my knitting...
Also, consider yourself warned that until the end of August my knitting related posts will most likely be Star Wars related as well.
5 comments:
That light saber is ferocious! I better not let my bf see that or else I'll be on the hook for one! I am SO looking forward to your future posts!!!
I'm looking forward to Star Wars related posts. It never ceases to amaze me what subjects can be related to knitting in some way. Love the light sabre.
Wow, this whole idea is amazing! I may have to search it out... And love the light sabre!
What fun! And great job- I bet you could make a ton of money making and selling them on Etsy!
@GirlAnachronismE
I saw you joined the group and posted in the Ninja thread! It's pretty much the best rav group ever.
Post a Comment