Tuesday, August 16, 2011

O is for Overjoyed!!

I am Overjoyed to have finished my dissertation for Nerd Wars early!!! I was really worried about finishing and then someone challenged me to a race, so I knit as fast as I could to get it finished.

Thursday I finished the first 50 gms of yarn. It took me 3 hours to wind it by hand. I didn't want to wind the second hank and lose all that knitting time, so I took a risk and I knit lace weight from the hank! I was scared.

DSCN7845

Friday I began around 7, and kept knitting with a few breaks to eat and such until 3:15. Then I woke up at 8:30 on Saturday, sat up in bed and knit a row, then I took a break for breakfast. I took another break for lunch and finished at 3. phew It was intense I can tell you that.

DSCN7850

I blocked it on Sunday and voila! I love it so much and I'm thrilled with how nice it is.  


DSCN7891


DSCN7886


DSCN7880


DSCN7867


DSCN7884


It's a huge weight of my shoulders to have that finished and now I can focus on other things for the rest of the month. All in all, I'm pretty excited.

In case anyone's interested the pattern is Leaves Dancing, the yarn is KnitPicks Shadow, Oregon Coast Heather, and this is my project page.

2 comments:

Peppermint Mocha Mama said... [Reply]

WOW! The whole thing - time frame, pattern, product, color - all of it is just a show stopping WOW! I'm speechless. Well done, it's gorgeous.

Anonymous said... [Reply]

That is pretty stunning! Great work, I cannot believe you were able to stay with it so diligently!