Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ahhh...my old blog. We meet again.

I realized a couple weeks ago that it had been about a year since I've posted anything. That was never my intent when I said I was too busy to post as regularly as I had been.

At the beginning of September I started a new job as a marketing assistant at a camp. If you know anything about me IRL you know that I am quiet and not really the ideal marketing person. However, this job doesn't involve actually talking to people. I do the behind the scenes administrative side like maintaining the website, making brochures, promo videos and preparing mailings. I'm really loving it so far.

Normally the director updates the camp's blog, but on Thursday he said that if I had any ideas for a post I could go ahead and write one. So I did. It made me realize how much I miss writing. When I stopped updating this blog last year I was doing alot of writing in other venues coughfanficcough, but now it's been awhile since that was happening.

It's not like I'm a superb writer, or really creative or have anything particularly meaningful to say, but I just miss writing. So whether or not anyone ever reads my posts I'd like to start posting again semi-regularly just for fun and to attempt to maintain my ability to write coherent things now that I'm not in school. I think it's a good thing to systematically practice writing, and it's interesting to go back and read what I've written before about different projects I've worked on.

I'm sure Sherlock would say that random people who post mindless drivel for their own enjoyment should stop posting publicly because we'll lower the IQ of the internet, but I'm pretty sure there's enough of that going on already that what I have to say won't make a huge difference. :)

0 comments: