Monday, August 1, 2011

L is for Lord of the Rings

Well, this week is a real shocker. Took me about 5 seconds to come up with something starting with 'L'

headdesk /me is ashamed. I wrote the above last Monday and promptly forgot to write anything else until now...and now I'm a week behind...

So, brief story about my life and LotR...

I first watched Fellowship of the Ring with my grandmother, bad idea, shortly after it came out on DVD. I thought oh that would be a good movie to rent, it's based on a book, she'll like it...famous last words. I felt sooooo bad for making her watch it, she hated it. However, just a couple weeks ago I mentioned that to her, and she doesn't remember it, although my aunt does. So I'm not crazy, it really happened, but she thankfully has erased that episode from her memory.

After that, I read all 3 books and the Hobbit within a week over the summer. I loved them all, and I watched The Two Towers and Return of the King when they came out. Since then I've watched them all eleventy million times. Last week, I watched the Extended Editions for the first time. They are Awesome(TM)!!! I'm reading the Hobbit again now, and I'm working my way through the trilogy, and I'm in TT as of May, I haven't read it since then. Also, I'm reading Children of Hurin...maybe I should just pick one book until I finish it...hmmm...

My obsession interest in them has really increased in the last few months though. So to tie this in to knitting, I give you my Evenstar Necklace which I recently completed for Nerd Wars...

DSCN7774

DSCN7770

Evenstar2

2 comments:

pinkundine said... [Reply]

Cool, I've never seen a knitted Evenstar, it looks fab :)

Debbie said... [Reply]

Very pretty! If it's any consolation my Mum fell asleep in LotR!