- I'm almost done with Northanger Abbey. It's the last Austen novel that I hadn't read.
- Emma because it's been years since I read that one. This is low priority though.
- The Two Towers I started it awhile ago...like a year and a half...so I want to finish it and read Return of the King.
- The Silmarillion
- North and South
- Jane Eyre
- Wuthering Heights
- Little Dorrit
- Chasing Jupiter
- Bread and Wine during lent which starts in less than a month! So early this year.
- In keeping with this post I'd like to read through the set of CS Lewis books we own. This includes:
- Mere Christianity - read this one awhile back
- The Problem of Pain
- The Great Divorce
- The Screwtape Letters
- Miracles
- The Abolition of Man
Over the last couple years I've become more interested in wanting to read some of the literary classics. It's quite handy that many of these older book have free kindle editions!
Considering how much I actually read last year (only 5 books that I can remember at the moment and 3 of those were audio books) this list looks rather daunting. My actual 'to read' list is so massively long I could never write it out, this is just the books that got shortlisted for this year (actually most of these have been on my 'to read soon' list for several years) and still...in my head I've got a rather lengthy 'backup list' of second priority books that I'll add to this list if I get through them all. I strove to give this 'official' list some semblance of achievability at this point by keeping it to the necessities.
I have high hopes right now! It's been raining for the last 4 days and that always makes one feel as though they could read an entire library within the span of 2 months.
0 comments:
Post a Comment