I anticipate one of the most difficult things about this whole shebang will be the 'don't revise, just throw it all out there' part. I like to revise. I write paragraphs and then pause to rearrange sentences. I write the same exact thing 2-3 different ways and then decide which I like better. I like to mull things over waiting for the perfect word or phrase. I don't like to move on unless I'm pleased with the way things are so far.
However, there is no time for these things when you're trying to write 50,000 words in 30 days. You have to just get it all out and keep moving. There is time for revisions later. I'm hoping that I'll be able to brush off that nagging desire to fix and make things right the first time.
When I was writing the fic last summer whenever I got stuck on something and couldn't figure out the way I wanted it to be I'd throw out some absolutely preposterous line and that would get me going again...only problem is that those usually ended up in the outtakes...I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure about 1/3 of the writing that took place ended up being outtake scenes. It was just too crazy for our completely serious parody.
If I can't do that and I can't figure out the way to make it perfect the first time, then I guess I'll have to make something work enough that I can move on. It will be an adventure, and who knows, maybe I'll dislike something at first, but then it will end up being perfect.
My 'List of things to do in October' is going...ok...it seems like even though I'm checking things off, I'm also adding more and more all the time. I've been pretty busy during the last few weeks, and it's great and I'm enjoying everything I'm doing, but it's been very constant, and my list is quite long still. I'm not sure how this will go, but I really want to at least give it a good shot. My goal is to enjoy the challenge and have fun, not stress myself out. I can do that right? Hope I don't get too stressed out from trying to hold my competitive self back so that I don't get stressed.
0 comments:
Post a Comment