Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Preparing for NaNo One

Well, now that I've mostly decided to try this thing out I have some preparation to do.

I have made a list of 'Things I need to do in October if I'm going to have a fighting chance.' Lots of these things are supposed to be finished sometime in November, so I will aim to have them done this month so that I don't have to worry about it then. Basically, smushing things into October and making it more busy than it has to be so that I can smush something else into November.

I always have this love/hate relationship with the beginnings of months. On the one hand I'm always expecting it to come sooner and thinking 'I can't believe the next month is upon us, how did it get here so fast, have I even accomplished anything this month at all?' Thing is, I start thinking that by the second week of the month. Then I realize that it isn't nearly time to switch months yet and I think 'There's so much of this month left! Will it never end?' when seconds ago I was flabbergasted that it could be ending so soon. Happens several times a week for 2 weeks out of the month, and after that it really is imminent so I'm justified in thinking that it's about to happen. On October 5th I had a sudden jolt of fear that I was pushing it and about to be late on a deadline that is November 1st. I quickly looked at the date and was like 'dude, I have tons of time, why am I even thinking about getting this done today?' I need to chill out, October basically just started.

0 comments: