It's really easy to make and seems to be working just fine.
I've read about people doing the same thing with any kind of soap. I wouldn't use any highly perfumed soap, but I suppose you could. Washing soda and borax can be found in a grocery or hardware store. We have large 6 gallon buckets that we store grain in and I think the next time we make a batch we'll make it in a bucket and make more. This time we used two gallon jugs.
It just smells like soap and once the clothes are washed there's no scent at all. It seems to be cleaning everything just fine, and we used it on my brother's very smelling things after a ski trip. I've read that using white vinegar in place of a softener is useful if you wash clothes with soap rather than detergent as it removes any lingering residue. Haven't tried this but plan to. If you want your clothes to have a scent I would think using scented dryer balls would be a good idea. I really want to buy/make some dryer balls. They can be scented with a couple drops of essential oil from what I've read. There are several dryer ball sellers on Etsy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment