Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Teasing Temperatures

Last week, when the temperature had been steadily in the 40s-50s for a few weeks I was perfectly content for a few more weeks of winter. In fact as I walked to my car after work last Friday I thought, "I really don't mind this weather. I don't want it to get into the 20s and 30s again but this isn't as bad as some people say it is. I really am just getting used to the fact that it's winter and it doesn't feel ready to be over yet."

Then yesterday it got up to 70. After feeling the glorious warmth and being able to go outside without my wool coat, scarf and gloves on I'm afraid my willingness for winter to continue is gone. Now I want the warmth back, but I know we'll have another 6 weeks of temperatures ranging from 40-75 and swinging back and forth like crazy. When I woke up this morning, 35 degrees felt so much colder than it did a week ago. If only it could stay cold until it permanently got warm. Now I want to go out in the sunshine and be able to soak in the warmth. I want to breath the fresh warm spring air and see trees budding and flowers sprouting up.

0 comments: