Solid shampoo bar. Who knew such a thing existed? I sure didn't until mid-July.
It's basically soap often with more moisturizing oils. I was skeptical at first. My hair is now down to my waist, and it's been getting more difficult to manage. I've wore it in a pony tail everyday for about 9 years now except one brief period about 2 years ago when it was too short to reach. It's frizzy and I can't stand having hair hanging down in my face and falling over my shoulder when I'm trying to work, but it's breaking at the pony tail band because it's too dry.
Since the beginning of the year the lower half of my hair especially has been getting kindof dry. I usually get the cheapest and most basic shampoo and conditioner like Suave or VO5. So in May I tried a conditioner that had shea butter and something else in it and was supposed to be a good moisturizer. It helped the dryness, but it also made my hair feel kindof heavy and it got oily faster.
Enter solid shampoo bar. I thought it might dry my hair out even more and be counterproductive. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. Like the handmade soap, it did the job without completely stripping my hair of all it's oils.
At first I tried it with conditioner still. This made my hair way too oily. Washing my hair with the shampoo was somewhere between using commercial shampoo and no conditioner and using both commercial shampoo and conditioner. So I didn't need that much conditioning, but some would be good.
The solution...a vinegar hair rinse...
0 comments:
Post a Comment