For example, this picture was taken with the fabric draped around my shoulders. It was early October 2011 and I'd already had the fabric for a little while.
Turns out I didn't get enough for the hood, so it is a slightly different color, but it blends pretty well. It's lined with a light knit. It has a pocket and arm slits so that I can stay wrapped up and still get my hands out.
Embarrassing fact: you would think that I of all people would consider the fact that knit fabric has a right and wrong side, but when it came time to sew the lining together I looked at it and thought 'it isn't patterned or anything so there's no sides to this.' thus the hood lining is right side out and the rest is all reverse stockinette. Major headdesk moment when I discovered that.
I closed it with a little frog closure for now. I'd like to make an elven brooch to sew on top of it eventually. They had white and black frogs at the store and the brown spot was empty so I was all 'why?!?! first I can't find more of the fabric for the hood and now this!' but then I remembered, hello, I'm a dyer, they're nylon, no biggie!
I'm still trying to decide whether I should put a tassel on the hood, and what color it would be.




2 comments:
That is soo neat! How long did it take you to make it?
-Amy
Wonderful! I am a LOTR fantic, and am desiring a cape very much. The fabric is all I need!
Post a Comment