Monday, November 5, 2012

Tea Time

I've always loved drinking tea. Being that I have a set of grandparents who live in England, we drink tea in the British style; black tea with milk and/or sugar. I tried to like several different herbal teas in high school and college, but generally would stick with the occasional peppermint or chamomile because I had an upset stomach or wanted to relax at night. I never liked flowery or fruity teas. Then about a year and a half ago I tried a Mango Peach tea that my aunt gave me for Christmas and I loved it! Since then I've found several excellent tea blends that I really enjoy. There's such a huge variety out there! I used to make a pot of decaf when I got home from work, drink 2 cups throughout and around dinner time and then often make another cup before bed. Just within the last 2-3 months though I've found that I don't really feel like drinking black tea with the heaviness of milk once I'm home from work so I've branched out and started drinking other things in the evenings.



















Here are some of the other teas I've tried recently and liked:
Now that I've made the list there seems to be a theme of mint and chamomile still...just with fruit added...well I do drink these in the evening so I don't try things that are supposed to energize. I still don't really like teas with pomegranate or berries in them. I don't like roobios and I've had a hard time finding a green tea that I really like. They seem to taste like boiled grass clippings to me. There are several teas from Mountain Rose Herbs that I want to try. There aren't many purely herbal blends in your average grocery store it seems, alot of them have flavorings or fruit in them with a couple herbs. 

0 comments: